Sr Developer (Cognos) Linthicum, MD #11517
Stellargy Services, a company offering over 20 years of IT recruiting experience is currently seeking a Sr Developer (Cognos) for our client in Linthicum, MD. This role is a contact to hire opportunity.
- Creating, enhancing, and maintaining the Cognos 11 Framework Manager Models to support business requirements.
- Working with business users to understand their requirements. Design and develop the reporting products based on Cognos BI 11 Analytics capability and end-user specifications.
- Developing advanced level Reports and Dashboards which includes data filtration, drill-down, slice-and-dice, and other customization options.
- Documenting all report and dashboard products by formulating the System Design Document explaining the specifics related to the reports and dashboards.
- Presenting prototype and final completed Cognos reporting products to the client on a bi-weekly or monthly basis.
- Maintaining the existing canned reports and dashboards by understanding the new requirements and applying the necessary changes.
- Continually enhancing the existing Cognos Analytics based Ad-Hoc product and performing the necessary optimization and tuning.
- Deploying Cognos Analytics Reports and Dashboard products on a bi-weekly and monthly basis of new release distribution.
- Working closely with other external organization to support the release of Cognos products to different environments in supporting the validation, testing, and production operations.
- Providing the necessary Cognos Analytics training, on an as-needed basis, to the CMS internal and UPIC organizations.
- Supporting the CMS help desk operations by troubleshooting the reporting related issues raised and providing the necessary solution as a part of established priorities.
- Working closely with the database, ETL, and Reporting team to make sure the Cognos Reports and Dashboards are maintained based on the latest ETL and database related changes.
- At least ten (10) years of development experience (COGNOS/ETL).
- At least five (5) years of experience developing complex reports required.
- Experience reporting with Cognos 11 is required.
- Experience with testing and profiling tools.
- Web/application server experience (weblogic, Tomcat, Apache).
- WSO2 Experience.
- Experience with database administration on a need basis and knowledge of good practices for application development.
- Ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders as necessary.
- Capability to take initiative in obtaining information needed to meet schedule deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or a related field from an accredited college or university required
Stellargy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified candidates who meet or exceed the required skills and qualifications may apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.