Commvault Backup Engineer Atlanta, GA (#11575)
Stellargy Services, a company offering over 20 years of IT recruiting experience is currently seeking an Commvault Backup Engineer in Atlanta Ga. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
The Commvault Backup Engineer will provide support for a data center and its “back-up/hot center” that hosts over 300 applications. This position is part of a team that performs hosted applications running on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Implement Commvault Deduplication.
- IP Network, WAN and LAN free (SAN) based data backup design and configuration (familiarity).
- Data protection and backup recovery solutions familiarity such as using virtual tape, disk to disk to tape, data replication.
- Unix and/or Windows systems administration experience.
- Configuring, Maintaining NDMP backups for various NAS technologies.
- Configuring, Maintaining and Troubleshooting Database Backups – Oracle, SQL, SAP, Exchange.
- Perform all chargeback estimation, provisioning, and documentation tasks in a timely manner.
- Produce regular reports for management, to assist in cost recovery, capacity planning and consolidation.
- Planning for Media rotation, Management and Offsite Movement Scheduling of New Backups/ Modifying existing Jobs.
- Performing Restores Backup Monitoring and Reporting Tool Installation.
- Troubleshooting Backup Failures.
- Scripting / Automation of Minor Tasks.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Commvault.
- Configuring Multiplexing, Multi-streaming and Disk Staging to optimize the Backup process.
- Administration and Optimization of Database Agents of NetBackup on Exchange, SQL Servers.
- SAN and NAS implementation of Commvault e.g., NetApp, EMC-Clarion/Celera.
- Administration and planning contribution to Disaster Recovery with Commvault for Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Handle issues related to Commvault Catalog databases, Storage Units, Policies, De-Duplication, vStorage APIs, etc.
- Very strong working knowledge of Commvault 11.
- Thorough understanding of Commvault policy-drive backup/restore architecture and best practices.
- Well versed with configuring and maintaining CommServe, Media Agents and clients.
- Competent in configuring disaster recovery and fault tolerant features.
- Competent in configuring Storage Policies and copies for deduplicated disk and tape libraries.
- Competent in configuring Schedules and Schedule Policies for data management and administrative functions.
- Competent in installation and configuration of Non-deduplicated and Deduplication Media Agents in Small to Extra Large environments.
- Competent in installation and configuration of disk and tape libraries.
- Competent in installing, configuring and troubleshooting client backup/restore agents.
- Experienced in Windows and Unix/Linux server administration including routine patching in a Commvault environment.
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP and SAN technologies.
- Knowledgeable in Commvault firewall configuration and deployment issues.
- Knowledgeable in data center operations including handling tape library configuration and day to day operations.
- Competent in monitoring and administering Commvault daily operations including performance monitoring and resource management.
- Experienced in Commvault Maintenance Advantage incident submission and resolution.
- Experienced in Commvault upgrades, Service Pack and Hotfix deployment.
- Experienced in managing the CommServe Software Cache and Remote Caches.
- Competent in resolving file and system level restore requests.
- Knowledgeable in Commvault auditing, command line operations, logging and reporting features.
- Strong background with Microsoft Office, VBscript, batch scripts and PowerShell as well as Unix/Linux scripting for automating manual processes and producing regularly scheduled and ad hoc reporting.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least five (5) years of related backup engineering experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and at least three (3) years of related backup engineering experience preferred
Stellargy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified candidates who meet or exceed the required skills and qualifications may apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.