Sr. Engineer – Configuration Albany NY #11576
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Configuration Management Engineer for a client of ours in Albany, NY. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
This Configuration Management Engineer works with developers, testers, and IT operational staff to administer source code management toolsets, automate builds and deployments, configure continuous integration environments, and contribute to all facets of the software build and release cycles. Configuration Management Engineer will also be responsible for leading, championing, and implementing CM best practices throughout the project.
- Develop and implement the configuration management system which supports the NYSOH’s software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Manage source code within the Version Control System (i.e. branching, sync, merge), compile, assemble and package software from source code.
- Researches and resolves technical problems associated with the version control system.
- Responsible for performing daily builds and deployments to downstream environments, including emergency and non-emergency deployments to production.
- K15Work with AEG to perform and validate installations/upgrades/deployment.
- Participate in defining and providing guidance on standards/best practices.
Required skill and qualifications:
- 4 years of experience in Software Configuration Management or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with SVN administration.
- 2+ years J2EE application experience.
- Skilled with scripting languages; Ant, Python, bash, Groovy, etc.
- DevOps / Containerization technology experience (Docker, Kubernetes, PCF).
- Proficient with Software Configuration Management best practices and standards.
- Knowledge of Agile development and Continuous Delivery methodologies.
- Experience with continuous integration environment utilities, preferably Jenkins.
- Experience with dependency management systems, such as Ivy.
- Experience with administration of defect/work tracking tools (Jira preferred).
- Is able to solve complex problems and research difficult issues independently.
- Follows the departmental and project-specific development standards and processes.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Has strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to create technical documents and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.