The Sr. Engineer – Systems St. Paul, MN #11737
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Sr Engineer – Systems for a contract to hire opportunity in St. Paul, MN.
The Sr. Engineer – Systems provides expertise, mentoring, and leadership in the areas of application server installation, upgrades, patches, tuning, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, application deployments, container management, support and documentation of standards, environments and procedures for the administration of all supported environments.
- Perform work submitted by the project when reporting application issues such as performance and service availability.
- Application service management for all managed instances which includes monitoring request for compliancy with corporate change policy standards.
- Manage the execution of all environmental changes such as deployments or key configuration changes performed outside the application.
- Manage the shutdown, recovery and testing of all impacted applications during Operating System patching cycles.
- Perform new environment startups and builds which comply with the application administration build standards.
- Manage application administrations and user provisioning as required or when these tasks cannot be delegated without introducing stability issues within the supported solution.
- Participate in after-hours support for assistance in production recovery or time sensitive changes which can only occur outside of standard business hours.
- Cross team mentoring and training to assist in propagating application knowledge to the junior team members and assist in strengthening their skills to avoid accidental application impacts to supported environments.
- Serve as a team lead for more junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Background & Experience Required:
- 8+ years related work experience.
- WebLogic, Tomcat or TC server and apache experience.
- In-depth knowledge of administration in a UNIX (Solaris) or Linux (RHEL) command-line environment.
- Proficient in writing and maintaining Unix shell scripts to automate system tasks.
- Experience with Puppet/Ansible or equivalent technologies.
- Optimize application performance by tuning application server components.
- Thorough understanding of architectural elements required to support large installations and maintain high availability such as clustering, and load balancing w.r.t above listed applications.
- Able to work in fast paced environments and have understanding of programming environments.
- Proactive, can-do attitude whose actions work toward continuous process improvement.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, knowledge sharing, collaborative and mentoring skills.
- Superior troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities.
- Must be able to write effective technical documents and reports as a primary focus of daily duties.
- Excellent communication ability (verbal, written, and presentation) and an effective team player.
- Experience supporting all phases of the system development life cycle including development, testing, QA and production.
- Must exercise effective judgment and follow established procedures in support of production, 24×7, and other critical environments.
- Experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Kofax Capture solutions a plus.
- Experience within supporting one or more of the following application instances desired: LifeRay, Crystal Report Server, Siebel CRM, OBIEE, OID, Oracle Forms and Reports, JIRA, IBM SmartCloud, Comodo TFA, InQuira, OnDemand, MicroStrategy, Hyperic, OEM, F5 and/or VMware Ops Center.
- Relevant industry certifications (Java, Unix/Linux, MCSE, Application Server, Database, Image Capture) preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft IIS administration, configuration, and deployments for .NET applications preferred.
- Experience with database related utilities and tools such as Oracle SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager, and Microsoft Data Sources preferred.
- Knowledge of government sponsored health care programs and systems preferred.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.