Web Application Support Engineer Atlanta, GA. #11967
Stellargy Services, a company offering over 20 years of IT recruiting experience is currently seeking a Web Application Support Engineer #11967 in Atlanta, GA. This is 6-month contract to hire opportunity.
This role will provide support for a data center and its “back-up/hot center” that hosts over 300 applications. This position is part of a team that supports hosted applications running on both Windows and Linux platforms. Responsible for CDC’s Consolidated Web and Web Application Services.
- Provide administrative support /server administration (Weblogic, Apache, IIS), SW package installation, patching, upgrading, application troubleshooting and testing.
- Server administration in a heterogeneous environment (windows, Linux).
- Provide support for escalated issues and provides synopsis/root causes.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of server upgrades and new configurations.
- Configure and maintain development, test and production servers. Support development, test and production servers.
- Script and develop Automation for repeatable installation and configuration including manual processes using VBScript, Powershell, SQL, etc.
- Track application activity, identify potential issues and act proactively to prevent anticipated problems.
- Maintain access privileges and account groups.
- Implement change control procedures.
- Work closely with the various testing, development and DBA teams to review and coordinate new changes including version upgrades.
- Provide complete documentation of process and procedures.
- Conduct performance tuning/troubleshooting.
- Proficient with Linux and Windows Server Administration, Apache\Tomcat Server, and Active Directory tools.
- Familiar with VMWare, LB & F5, PowerShell, Splunk, WordPress, MS office products, Visual Studio, Service Ticketing system, PowerShell/VBscript/Batch scripting.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Security Clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED with at least 5 years of systems engineering experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with at least 3 years of systems engineering experience preferred.
Stellargy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified candidates who meet or exceed the required skills and qualifications may apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.