IT Manager #11001 (College Park, MD)
Stellargy Services, a company offering over 20 years of IT recruiting experience and is currently seeking an IT Manager for our client in College Park, MD. This is a 9+month contract opportunity.
This position is responsible for being a manager, maintaining and managing Information Technology (IT) initiatives, all related documentation, upgrades and revisions to existing hardware and software and/or other Information Technology resources. Works closely with the other IT Managers to complete required projects, maintain network, applications and systems availability, diagnose any technical issues and provide technical solutions to Federal clients. This position will analyze existing systems to ensure that they offer adequate security per Federal requirements, and are effectively meeting the needs of the client, and will also lead the design and review process for new systems.
- Work with client/customer to create technical strategies and frameworks using Visio and or other applicable products.
- Implement and administer Solaris, and Windows servers using industry best practices.
- Develop, implement and manage enterprise network backup / recovery strategies, physical and virtual server configurations , and verify the health and status of the IT infrastructure, using industry best practices.
- Architect and administer shared storage environments such as SAN devices.
- Architect and administer enterprise solutions utilizing best practices in network security.
- Architect and administer LDAP/ODS group policy.
- Create scripts for system maintenance/monitoring automation to improve uptime and reduce support.
- Implement, monitor and support security policies required by the Federal Government.
- Understand and execute Change Control and Incident management using Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
- Provide expert knowledge, support and guidance to the client and technology and project management teams, and also facilitate the collaborative development of the software solutions.
- Recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance the IT infrastructure to support organizational goals.
- Work closely with the Project and Program Manager to ensure problem resolution and user satisfaction, and identify existing IT system risks and issues , and recommend mitigation.
- Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to the client and other stakeholders.
- Directly supervise System administrators and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide Architecture diagrams and Infrastructure related documentation using Visio, Powerpoint, and other applicable software.
- Work as part of team and provide off-hours supports when required.
- Be flexible to rotate between 7am – 4pm or 10am – 6:30pm.
- Job Requirements
- 10+ years’ IT experience, including 5+ years’ experience administering Solaris platforms.
- 5+ years of managing medium to large size business networks.
- 5+ years of managing direct reports or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Strong Unix Systems Administrations skills (Solaris 10 and 11).
- Strong storage management, maintenance, and monitoring skills (SAN).
- Strong working knowledge of the PMBOK methodologies for SDLC, and technical projects.
- Proven experience in IT Risk/Issues Management.
- Strong knowledge of IT security compliance and related policies.
- Proven, hands on experience in operating IT infrastructure with emphasis on Unix and Windows server administration, network storage and backup technologies.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced, empowered environment.
- Experience producing architecture diagrams and requisite documentation.
- Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps.
- Knowledge of database management.
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Knowledge of Web server and application server administration and web applications deployment experience.
- Intimate knowledge of full development life-cycle, from business requirements to functional design, technical design, operational hand-over, maintenance to final product phase-out.
- Ability to identify solutions and perform risk analysis for both technical and business suitability.
- Ability to oversee implementation of new systems including data migration.
- Knowledge of Linux Server Administration preferred.
- Knowledge of configuring LDAP/ODS for user authentication preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating system (Windows 2008, Windows 2012) preferred.
- Worked in supporting infrastructure for Siebel Applications preferred.
- Strong understanding of Siebel and Oracle database products preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail capability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present technical and high level documents to the client in meetings.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting.
- Be able to qualify for Public Trust Clearance
Stellargy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified candidates who meet or exceed the required skills and qualifications may apply by submitting a resume to email@example.com.