Java Software Engineer – Austin, TX #11811
Stellargy Services an Austin based company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience in the Austin area and is currently seeking a Java Software Engineer for a client of ours in Austin, TX. This is a 6-month assignment with a possibility of being extended and or converted. The position is remote work; however, the client would prefer the candidate to be Austin based.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES/PROJECT:
The Java Software Engineer will work as a mid-senior level member of a software development team, responsible for the development, implementation and post deployment support of enterprise applications. Working under the supervision of the Technical Team lead or Senior Engineer and will participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Required skills and responsibilities:
- Architect moderate to advanced system solutions, solicit and incorporate inputs from technical and operational teams and document for consumption of development and testing teams.
- Develop advanced software programs, with clear and succinct code documentation, that meet the written and oral functional requirements provided by customer.
- Fix defects in the home-grown applications or third-party software according to written and oral specifications.
- Create scripts to create and modify database objects.
- Work on deliverables, such data analysis, client report requests etc. with minimal inputs and guidance from Development Manager or senior developers.
- Actively participate and contribute in SDLC activities such as solution design, work effort estimation, assisting peers with technical challenges and code reviews.
- Works to understand the business processes and develop unit and integration test scenarios in accordance with system requirements and business process changes. Provide expert advice to the testing am to create test data manually and/or systematically to test software programs.
- Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
- Work independently to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
- Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process such as project charter, proposed solution documents etc.
- Follow the SDLC and change management processes adopted by the organization. Participate in change management meetings to provide impact assessment of requested change, update the defect tracking system with most up to date information and perform release management tasks as assigned by Development manager.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.