Jr Web Developer – Owings Mills, MD. (#10844)
Stellargy Services, a company offering over 20 years of IT recruiting experience is currently seeking a Jr Web Developer in Owings Mills, MD. This is a 5+ month contract.
- Collaborate with the UX and development teams to develop new user-facing features.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Translate CSS from designers into working, production-ready code.
- Implement a clean code methodology through CSS best practices.
- Recommend and enforce policies for the source-code control system (GIT) and the team’s use thereof. (e.g. “don’t break the build”, or “DBTB” – the policy that no check-in should cause a failure in the DevOps pipeline.).
- Ensure that front end code meets accessibility requirements.
- Identify and troubleshoot any coding problems.
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Contribute to reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Maintain current knowledge of the industry and any advancements in technology.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
- 4+ years of experience of full lifecycle development.
- 4+ years of application design experience.
- 4+ years of combined REST integration experience.
- 4+ years of data visualization (e.g. looker, D3.js, Chart.js, Google Charts), pixel perfect reporting & report design (e.g. Tableau, Birst, Qlik, Microstrategy) experience.
- Education and/or formal training may substitute for experience requirement.
Technical Skills / Proficient understanding of:
- Web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
Responsive UI design (e.g. using Bootstrap).
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with designers, developers, and other relevant staff members or stakeholders.
- Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Good understanding of mobile and responsive web design, accessibility concepts and regulations (such as WCAG and Section 508), and general usability best practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field