QA Software Engineer – Hampton, VA #12676
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a QA Software Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity.
- Develop, maintain, and implement System/Integration testing strategy, test plans, test processes, test scenarios, and test cases based on client’s CMMI standards.
- Identify and prepare test data for testing.
- Performs Systems Testing and automation when needed.
- Assist with UAT testing.
- Communicate with Business/Systems Analysts and Developers to understand/clarify requirements.
- Identify, report, and manage defects in defect tracking system.
- Provide testing status reports per Project requirements and provide input to the Project Plans and Processes.
- Identify and communicate risks to Project team.
- Provide regular updates to the Test/Project Manager.
- Provide technical information for Change Requests meetings.
- Participate in systems requirement reviews and team meetings when necessary.
- Maintain Project’s test documentation.
- Participate in Systems Integration Testing with vendors or clients under test lead’s guidance.
- Participate in collection and review of quantitative data related to software testing and development activities for measurement and analysis as required.
- Maintain testing work products to comply with PPQA reviews and audits which is to ensure compliance with documented plans, procedures, and standards as required.
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required:
- 6+ years’ experience with software quality assurance required with some experience in large scaled complex projects.
- Worked with web based applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL for creating/modifying queries is a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Test Plan and Test Case writing and defect management and use of various test management tools.
- Experience with automation tools.
- Experience in using Unix for file manipulation and basic shell scripting.
- Experience with Java or Python, HTML, creating and validating XML.
- Experience testing web services using tools such as SOAP UI.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Project, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of all phases of SDLC required and various testing types such as Systems, Integration, UAT etc.
- Additional Skills / Knowledge Preferred:
Exposure to Reports testing
• Healthcare Industry experience is a plus.
• Experience testing in Agile/SCRUM environments
• Experience with CMMI Maturity Level 3 organizations.
- Education Requirement:
BS/BA – Preferred field of study: Computer Science; Engineering; Math; or Statistics