Reporting Analyst – Boston, MA #11411
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Reporting Analyst for a contract to hire opportunity in Boston, MA.
Reporting Analyst is responsible for assisting the two senior reporting analysts with day to day activities for the client’s reporting team.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Collects data for reports, reviews them for accuracy, works with business owners, and compiles weekly, monthly and semi-annual reports which consist of partially generated data and manually generated text.
- Troubleshoots and distributes routine reports regarding project operations.
- Researches and documents key reporting requirements with an understanding of business processes, contract deliverables and resource limitations.
- Assists with design, implementation and quality review of reports and reporting processes.
- Selects appropriate data to investigate issues, conduct ad hoc analysis and quality control reports. Analyzes and interprets findings in the light of business conditions and contractual requirements. Provides key decision makers with concise written summaries of analysis, including assessment of the impact of trends, hot issues and significant events.
- Assists end-users to clearly define reporting needs, identify key performance measures, set benchmarks and design and develop measurement tools and reports. Communicates to ensure that measurement tools, reports and data are understood accurately and consistently across work groups.
- Maintains a general understanding of the various databases, systems, programs, policies, business processes, resource constraints and contractual requirements to facilitate appropriate data gathering, reporting and data interpretation. Monitors changes to determine their impact on data gathering, reporting and analysis.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills (refreshable spreadsheets a plus)
- Good knowledge of SQL Server 2008 or greater, SQL Server Reporting Services, building complex SQL statements, and Visual Studio 2008 or greater a plus.
- BS, Management Information Systems or a related degree.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.