Software Developer (SAS) – Falls Church, VA #12738
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT recruiting experience is currently seeking a Software Developer (SAS) for a client of ours in Falls Church, VA. This is contract to hire position.
The Developer will provide support for designing, developing, and implementing high-quality innovative software, including web-based applications.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and improve existing reports and data interfaces using SAS
- Convert existing SAS code into high quality SAS code that is efficient (fast), automated, maintainable, and follows industry best practices.
- Will be expected to mentor colleagues and be proactive in developing colleague skill sets to have a better understanding of SAS coding, information maps, stored processes, web reports, and SAS administration
- Assist with SAS administration including performance tuning and scheduling programs
- Contribute to software design and systems process documentation
- Learn and apply new technologies in the appropriate context
- Implement up-to-date technologies to improve scalability and maintainability of web applications and websites
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline required
- Five (5) years of SAS experience developing, configuring, and administering SAS solutions
- Must have a strong aptitude for careful and considered impact analysis, risk assessment, change management, and planning of recovery options
- Must have experience in debugging and correcting errors in computer programs
- Must have experience working in an agile software development environment
- Must have experience developing code with SAS AppDev Studio
- Must have experience developing code using source code version management tools (e.g. Jira, Git, BitBucket …etc)
- Ability to work in an Amazon Web Services or Cloud environment
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new concepts
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and put it into practice
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective time management skills
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.