Software Engineer – Denver, CO #12200
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT recruiting experience is currently seeking a Software Engineer for a client of ours in Denver, CO. This position is a contract to hire opportunity working remote. The client does want the candidate selected to live in the Denver area and be on-site when needed.
The Software Engineer will be tasked with critical components of application development, including interfacing with clients for requirements analysis, application design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to adhere to release management practices and procedures, evaluate and adapt to new technologies as needed, provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced staff while working on the software development projects.
Lead design of software solutions that fulfill requirements, code modules to the design specifications, deploy and unit test software, troubleshoot issues and produce detailed proposals to resolve issues. Research and evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and implement as appropriate.
Essential Job Duties:
- Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
- Design software solutions per systems requirements.
- Code software solutions per designs.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing guidance and training.
- Ensures that product configurations and enhancements are made correctly and deployed per our release management plan.
- Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of production logs and data.
- Support the business development activities by providing technical solutions and system architecture documentation for proposal development.
- Deploy new software releases to higher environments, including Production.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to incorporate into coding standards.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of related experience in Software Development in a Product based organization.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming, Database Design and Implementation preferred.
- Understanding of n-tier Application Architecture (e.g. MVC, SOA) and Design Patterns.
- .NET certification preferred.
- Team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with State government clients in the Medicaid systems domain preferred.
- Proven experience leading all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Excellent analytical skills
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.