Software QA Engineer – Albany NY #12163
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Software QA Engineer for a client of ours in Albany, NY. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
The Software QA Engineer is a Testing Shared Services resource who is responsible for systems test execution activities for systems implementation and O&M software development projects. The QA Engineer is required to perform analysis and review of system requirements for automation as well as manual testing, peer reviews, and prepares test data needs. This position will participate in white/gray box testing.
- Develop and execute test cases for testing including white/gray box testing based on MAXIMUS standards.
- Report and track defects.
- Test activities related to SDLC.
- Participate in project meetings and status reporting.
- Maintain data for M&A metrics.
- Assist with test related activities as directed.
Background & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years related software QA testing experience.
- Working knowledge of SDLC and ability to create and modify queries.
- Experience with test case creation, writing and reporting defects.
- Experience with operating systems and basic DOS/Unix commands, database concepts, SQL, XML and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of test case and defect structure.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Health Industry experience preferred.
- Experience with BI reports testing preferred.
- Experience testing in Agile/SCRUM environments preferred.
- Experience with CMMI Maturity Level 3 organizations preferred
- SQL (Queries)
- Unix Commands
- Web services (SOAP)
- XML Validations
- Programming languages (any)
- Automation tools – scripting
- Automation tools – execution
- Performance testing – scripting
- Performance testing – execution
- Test Planning (includes strategies) (If assisted – then put Familiar)
- Test Case writing
- Test Execution
- Defect Management
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.