Software QA Engineer – Albany NY #1618
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Software QA Engineer for a client of ours in Albany, NY. This is contract to hire position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute test cases including white/gray box testing for testing based on client’s standards.
- Report and track defects.
- Test activities related to SDLC.
- Participate in project meetings and status reporting.
- Maintain data for M&A metrics.
- Work with technical help on complex testing requiring SQL and utilities.
- Mentor junior testers.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Working knowledge of SDLC and experience creating and validating XML.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL for creating/modifying queries, Test Plan and Test Case writing for manual testing.
- Exposure to Automation testing tool and ability to work with web-based applications.
- Experience with Integration testing with systems external to the application under test.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with a team.
- Some working experience with automation tools.
- Exposure to Reports testing.
- Health Industry experience preferred.
- Experience testing in Agile/SCRUM environments preferred.
- Experience with CMMI Maturity Level 3 organizations preferred.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.