Software QA Hampton, VA. #11905
Stellargy Services, a company offering over 20 years of IT recruiting experience is currently seeking a Software QA for our client in Hampton, VA. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
- Develop, maintain, and implement System/Integration testing strategy, test plans, test processes, test scenarios, and test cases based on MAXIMUS’ CMMI standards.
- Perform Systems Testing, involving Functional, Integration, Regression, Smoke and also assist with UAT testing.
- Communicate with Business/Systems Analysts and Developers to understand/clarify requirements.
- Identify and prepare test data for testing.
- Identify, report, and manage defects in defect tracking system.
- Provide testing status reports per Project requirements and provide input to the Project Plans and Processes.
- Identify and communicate risks to Project team.
- Provide regular updates to the Test/Project Manager.
- Provide technical information for Change Requests meetings.
- Participate in systems requirement reviews and team meetings when necessary.
- Maintain Project’s test documentation.
- Participate in Systems Integration Testing with vendors or clients under test lead’s guidance.
- Participate in collection and review of quantitative data related to software testing and development activities for measurement and analysis as required.
- Maintain testing work products to comply with PPQA reviews and audits which is to ensure compliance with documented plans, procedures, and standards as required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to do presentations and walkthroughs with Systems and Business personnel.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required
- 6+ years’ experience with software quality assurance required with some experience in large scaled complex projects.
- Worked with web based applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL for creating/modifying queries is a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Test Plan and Test Case writing and defect management and use of various test management tools.
- Experience with automation tools.
- Experience in using Unix for file manipulation and basic shell scripting.
- Experience with Java or Python, HTML, creating and validating XML.
- Experience testing web services using tools such as SOAP UI.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Project, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of all phases of SDLC required and various testing types such as Systems, Integration, UAT etc.
Additional Skills / Knowledge Preferred:
- Exposure to Reports testing.
- Healthcare Industry experience is a plus.
- Experience testing in Agile/SCRUM environments.
- Experience with CMMI Maturity Level 3 organizations.
- Education – BS/BA – Preferred field of study: Computer Science; Engineering; Math; or Statistics
Stellargy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified candidates who meet or exceed the required skills and qualifications may apply by submitting a resume to email@example.com.