Sr. Software Engineering Manager – St. Paul, MN #10910
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Sr Software Engineering Manager for a contract to hire opportunity with a client of ours located in St. Paul, MN.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the software engineering staff as a shared service to support multiple projects.
- Ensure that the software engineers have the appropriate tools, skills and training to support the project needs.
- Manage geographically distributed staff to lead systemic capacity planning and maximize staff utilization.
- Manage staff development to maximize benefits to employees and client.
- Work closely with Delivery Managers and Product Managers to support product delivery, enhancements and support.
- Drive all aspects of engineering recruiting including, but not limited to, attracting great talent and retaining a highly skilled, proficient engineering team.
- Increase the use of cross geographic teams to increase knowledge transfer and reduce risks for client.
- Works with Software Engineering leaders to define the software engineering goals for the client’s software engineering practice
- Define key priorities in pursuit of the vision and goals associated with the software engineering practice.
- Ensure software engineering staff are following best practices around application design, software development and software integration throughout the system development lifecycle.
- Incorporate client’s standard practices and lead and actively participate in process improvement activities across the engineering enterprise.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff for completeness of application design, software engineering and software integration
- Implement best practices and processes to help improve the software life cycle time by increasing the quality of software delivery.
- Work with other client IT Application leaders to coordinate and improve SDLC standard practices.
Required skills and qualifications:
- At least 7+ years of experience in resource management capacity, specifically engineering resource management.
- Experience in a matrix organization
- Strong understanding of the SDLC and roles of various team members
- Exceptional Organizational and planning skills with detail oriented working style.
- Highly processes oriented with strong Project Management Skills (PMP Preferred)
- Familiar with Software design and development skills using JAVA and .NET technologies.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding.
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops.
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to both business and technical staff.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
- High degree of confidence and ability to influence others through strong communication skills.
- 25% travel required.
- Solid understanding of health systems preferred.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of labor cost management preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; MS, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.