Sr. Software QA Engineer – Albany NY #11695
Stellargy Services an Austin based company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Sr. Software QA Engineer for a client of ours in Albany, NY. This is a contract to hire position.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems test strategy, test plan, test processes, test scenarios, and test cases based on client’s standards.
- Provide estimations and status reporting.
- Conduct research and POCs to keep up with industry standards.
- Maintain data for M&A metrics.
- Provide technical help on complex testing requiring SQL and utilities.
- Mentor junior testers.
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards.
Background & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years related experience.
- 2+ years of lead/senior experience in mid to large sized projects.
- Working knowledge of SDLC and experience creating and validating XML.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL for creating/modifying queries, Test Plan and Test Case writing for manual testing.
- Exposure to Automation testing tool and ability to work with web-based applications.
- Experience with Integration testing with systems external to the application under test.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with a team.
- Experience testing in Agile/SCRUM environments preferred.
- Understanding of automation and performance testing.
Additional Skills / Knowledge Preferred:
- Understand OBIEE user interface objects for verifying reports or dashboards, etc.
- Understand metadata/logical data models (RPD).
- Translate BI requirements into analytic BI subject areas.
- Proficient with ETL testing.
- Some working experience with automation tools.
- Healthcare Industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with CMMI Maturity Level 3 organizations.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.