Systems Analyst – Hampton, VA #12025
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Systems Analyst for our client in Hampton, VA. This position is a contract to hire opportunity.
The Systems Analysis position is responsible for providing systems analysis for systems implementation and software development projects. This position will work with the client’s business to provide business requirement solutions. The Analyst will also develop and manage requirements, create user stories or use cases, write and execute test cases, and provide support for system stakeholders.
List of Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and/or Lead the collaboration with business stakeholders to identify and understand the business requirements.
- Participate in the business requirements reviews and anomaly documentation and closure.
- Analyze and maintain the business process flows and provide updates to associated system process flows and requirements.
- Work with the business stakeholders and the project team during the analysis phase to ensure there is a clear understanding of how the present and future business needs may impact the existing solution(s).
- Define functional and non-functional requirements that support the solution to the business requirements. Participate in project peer reviews to ensure that requirements development methodologies are followed and the artifact content supports the scoped changes.
- Work with the project team during the planning and prioritizing of release scope.
- Participate in the effort to review and edit requirements. Utilize change management for both the business and systems requirements.
- Participate during the design phase to ensure that the systems solutions are represented by the design specifications. Assist QC by generating test cases when necessary. Work with the project team to clarify use cases and/or requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure that user manuals, release notes and end-user training materials support the business requirements.
- Responsible for accurate requirements traceability throughout the release cycle.
- Participate in project peer reviews to ensure that test artifacts support the scoped changes.
- Review, update and maintain requirements documents based on peer reviews and scope changes.
- If necessary, participate in systems testing activities and in some cases, UAT activities.
- Actively participate in issue triage sessions by evaluating against existing requirements and determine outcome and priority.
- Update JIRA with triage results.
- Assist with Production Support by helping the project team troubleshoot issues.
- Assist with basic back end configuration changes or data preparation.
- Identify, communicate, and track risks and issues.
- Report availability and status to team and take action where appropriate.
- Provide estimates and log actual hours based on the project procedures.
- Maintain JIRAs to include all new and updated information.
Required Experience & Skills:
- At least 4 years of software development life cycle direct experience. (Waterfall, Agile).
- At least 4 years of Business/Systems Analysis activities.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Strong observational skills to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Strong writing skills to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff.
- Strong interpersonal skill to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering).
- Strong interviewing skills to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- High degree of confidence and the ability to influence others through strong communication skills.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision required.
- Solid Experience with SDLC, requirements management, diagramming or wireframe tools (i.e. Visio, Balsamiq, rational suite, JIRA, TFS, ALM).
- Data Analysis, Data Mapping, SQL.
- Experience with XSD/XML.
- Requirements Development experience in a CMMI accredited environment.
- Change Management.
- Relevant industry experience to include government services, healthcare, insurance preferred.
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation activities.
- Experience with state healthcare programs (e.g., Medicaid, CHIP) and related functions (e.g., enrollment management, eligibility determination is preferred.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university within preferred field of study in Computer Science. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.