Systems Project Manager – Denver, CO #12154
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Systems Project Manager for a client of ours located in Denver, CO. This is a remote contract to hire opportunity.
We’re seeking a self-motivated Project Manager with experience preferably in the business intelligence space. The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget of the project. He or she will coordinate with other departments within the organization to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible. The Project Manager will be expected to serve as a bridge between leadership and the teams tasked with the actual execution of the project. He or she will be expected to make sure the scope is sound, report regularly on the progress of the project and stay on the approved schedule.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources and the activities.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the deployment will be evaluated at its completion.
- Manage teams in accordance with the policies and practices of the organization.
- Execute the project according to the project schedule.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University.
- 5 years’ experience in project management.
- Analyst experience desired.
- PMP or Prince2 Certified.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Project, JIRA, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Prefer knowledge of multiple methodologies/frameworks; i.e. Waterfall, Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Kanban.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.