Telecom Senior Manager (Contact Center) – Albany, NY
Stellargy Services a company offering over 20 years of IT Recruiting experience is currently seeking a Telecom Senior Manager for a client of ours located in Albany, NY. This is contract to hire opportunity.
- Manage department strategy, prioritize department tickets and projects for NYSOH project.
- Order & manage engineering reviews.
- Manage and maintain policies and procedures.
- Order & manage projects to streamline architecture to support day to day operational requirements.
- Manage telecom incidents and problems.
- Participate in Tier 3 support on Avaya systems to support operational objectives.
- Advanced System administration / programming.
- Assists with implementation of assigned telephone systems and services, and manage the ongoing maintenance of those systems.
- Assists with the installation of telephone systems in remote offices for assigned projects.
- Participate in telephone system design meetings; works with Telecom Engineering, end users and other internal and external groups to understand telephone requirements and meet deadlines.
- Orders & manages traffic studies, bill analysis and other research as needed.
- Approves voice circuit configuration & order submission to carrier.
- Coordinates the installation of voice circuits with telephony vendors.
- Maintains current knowledge of telephone and related equipment and services; and recommend changes to maximize current operations.
- Assures quality of all work products including follow-up of assigned tasks.
- Creates proposals, or recommends proposals in response to requests to the department and directs research as needed.
- Maintain annual and quarterly strategy, provide weekly and monthly status reports, coordinate department efforts with other departments as needed.
- Staff management, including interview, Hire, recommend discipline and termination as required.
- Must be willing to travel monthly to the site as needed.
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- 7 years of related experience.
- 5 years of leadership/management experience.
- Nortel Certification in CS1000, Contact Center, CallPilot.
- Avaya Certification in Design and Support for Call Pilot.
- Avaya Certification in Contact Center.
- Strong contact center knowledge.
- Strong foundational knowledge of IVRs and Contact Center technologies.
- Experience with managing complex technical projects.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Practical knowledge of resource management, department workload, setting goals and reporting results.
- Ability to review CS1000, Call Pilot, and Contact Center programming experience.
- Working knowledge of the following telephony technologies: IP PBX, ACD, IVR, WFM, VoIP, SIP, PRI/DS1/DS3, call recording, voice mail, and a variety of telco/data services.
- MCSE certification preferred.
- Familiarity with Telstrat Engage call and screen recording and Pipkins Work Force Management systems is desired but not required.
- IP foundational knowledge, including Servers and networking is preferred.
- Experienced with complex troubleshooting, able to support or lead troubleshooting efforts is preferred.
- Experience with ITIL Standards is preferred.
- Experience with staff development preferred
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.