Transmission Line Engineer (Supervisor) – Austin, TX
Stellargy Services an Austin based company offering over 20 years of recruiting experience in the Austin area is currently seeking a Transmission Line Engineer (Supervisor) for a client of ours in Austin, Texas. This is a direct hire opportunity, and our client is ready to begin the interviewing process.
Supervises, coordinates and directs activities of engineering staff providing solutions to complex engineering problems. Plans and conducts engineering projects and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work as part of a major project. Sets and monitors operational and financial performance goals for the department. Evaluates relative profitability of departmental functions and takes corrective action to improve operational and financial performance. Establishes engineering policies, standards and specifications for the group. Provides technical expertise in a specific engineering discipline. Ensures compliance with the Texas Engineering Practice Act of the State of Texas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, promotes, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- Provides leadership and direction by developing goals, objectives, priorities, plans, and procedures. Makes recommendations and proposals to management as required.
- Conducts and takes full responsibility for complex engineering studies which require advanced knowledge within the assigned discipline. Oversees and/or performs field analysis, performance tests, and engineering designs, cost estimates, layout of drafting work, and the correlation/compilation of complex data. May direct or coordinate the work of other engineers, contractors, technicians, craft workers, or others. Records, compiles and reports information.
- Provides leadership for major or complex engineering and construction projects and or studies; may be the resident specialist in a particular discipline or operations area.
- Provides coordination, monitors progress, interprets results to ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Recommends new and improved practices and procedures related to assigned area.
- Represents and provides leadership for the client’s task forces, the community and other outside engineering and standards organizations.
- Identifies actual or potential problems, investigates, analyzes, and develops corrective actions to be taken, and drafts reports.
- Conducts tests of instruments, materials, equipment, and controls to determine operating characteristics; develops problem solutions or improvements. Verifies accuracy of data. Ensures beneficial data is acquired and recorded.
- Prepares operating instructions and project outlines in connection with fundamental engineering assignments. Follows appropriate business procedures; applies project management techniques.
- Prepares specifications as required for projects for which there are few precedents. Completes related computations and schematics and diagrams. Develops testing plans. Interprets engineering specifications.
- Coordinates project reviews and implementation plans between individuals and sections. Ensures timely communication occurs. Develops and administers presentations to management and others.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of engineering principles, procedures, equipment, and systems. Keeps informed of technical developments, industry codes and safety and/or regulatory requirements which have impact upon the respective engineering discipline.
- Interprets engineering drawings and specifications. Coordinates and reviews the work of staff to the extent of assuming professional responsibility for the work. Communicates necessary changes to the responsible engineer for correction.
- Provides leadership in the economic evaluations of programs and projects and renders judgment on the costs and benefits of the work from a company-wide perspective.
- Upon request, prepares written (expert) testimony in support of client’s position in legal or regulatory proceedings.
- Personally, affixes seal or communicates necessary changes to the responsible engineer for correction.
- Gathers engineering information by traveling independently to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as necessary.
- In accordance with approved Supply Management processes and procedures, serves as owner’s representative for outside engineering contracts.
- For incumbents performing as a Cyber Security Coordinator (CSC) – A CSC is responsible for the following: working with the NERC Compliance Department and Information Security Office to ensure that the necessary processes and procedures applicable to each NERC CIP system are developed and implemented within their respective group; reviewing projects relating to the NERC CIP systems which may have a regulatory impact, and making sure the drawings and documents for that system are updated and stored as required; coordinating NERC compliance implementation, communication, and ensuring that users of the respective systems have the necessary training; continually monitoring implementation efforts and reporting potential violations to the NERC Compliance Manager and respective management; communicating with the Information Security Manager concerning cyber security concerns or actual incidents; and maintaining documentation of objective evidence, including Reliability Standard Audit worksheets (RSAWs) to demonstrate NERC CIP regulatory compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics, biosystems engineering, mathematical science, physical science or related science plus six or more years of post-bachelor’s engineering experience relating to the area of engineering specialization is required to perform the job, including providing technical leadership in engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, Driver’s license
Stellargy Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identify, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.