UNIX Administrator #11000
Stellargy Services, a company offering over 20 years of IT recruiting experience and is currently seeking an Unix Administrator for our client in College Park, MD. This is a 9+month contract opportunity.
- 5 to 7 years of experience UNIX Administration.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Solaris 10/11 specifically LDOMs and Linux 6/7 MC.
- Must be able to resolve/trouble issues as it appears.
- Experience is tuning the systems and performance.
- Knowledge in VMWare environment.
- Build, install, configure and maintain UNIX Servers.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of the entire UNIX environment.
- Knowledge on working LDAP servers.
- Escalate issues to vendor support as necessary, develop automated methods (Scripting), and implement operations best practices.
- Participate in Business Continuation and infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Ability to understand and relate to new products, technology, and strategy and be able to follow directions.
- Ability to provide project management that includes planning, documentation, meetings, conference calls, and reporting.
- Ability to conduct training sessions to share knowledge with peers and other support teams as necessary.
- Must be available to work outside of normal business hours to fulfill production and project needs, provide 7×24 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Must be able to qualify for a Public Trust Security Clearance
College degree from an accredited college or university
Stellargy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified candidates who meet or exceed the required skills and qualifications may apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.